The General Synod Office has released a video introduction to help Anglicans understand a set of changes to this Church’s Ministry Standards canons that will come before the one-day virtual General Synod Te Hīnota Whānui this July.
The General Synod Standing Committee has scheduled a one-day virtual General Synod Te Hīnota Whānui to be held via webinar on Saturday 25 July 2020.
General Synod Standing Committee has met with the Otamataha Trust to further the Church's support for their people over the Te Papa lands of Tauranga.
• Tauranga City Council returns Mission portion of Pa site to iwi
• Council move to give 11 Mission St to Trust ends year-long 'dog's breakfast' of process
• Tauranga City Council backflips over the Elms section stoush
Churches across Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia are being asked to recognise and empower the ministry gifts of disabled Anglicans.
This church could soon have a Climate Commissioner to help drive and co-ordinate the 3 tikanga church's commitment to climate action.
The Anglican Church will back plans for a complete review of how Aotearoa New Zealand deals with crime and punishment.
After almost 50 years of earnest debate about human sexuality, the Anglican Church in these islands has said 'Yes' to blessing couples in same gender relationships.
• Anglican Church allows bishops to bless same sex relationships
• Anglicans take step towards blessing same-sex relationships
• Church's decision welcomed by LGBTQIA advocate
• +Dunedin calls for calm after synod decision
• TVNZ: Auckland vicar reflects on Motion 29 vote
• Pulse Nigeria reports on Motion 29