The Anglican Church has returned a historic artefact of the first Māori King to the safekeeping of the Kīngitanga and the Waikato-Tainui iwi.
• 160 year old flag given back in Auckland ceremony
• First Māori King's flag return to the Kīngitanga
• Anglican Church returns 160 year-old flag to Kīngitanga
• Pōtatau flag returned to Kīngitanga
Janet Crawford delves into Geoff Haworth's history of A New Zealand Prayer Book - He Karakia Mihinare o Aotearoa.
Bishop George Connor looks into a new book which offers a fresh take on the stories of what happened before, during and after the Battle of Gate Pā.
Hui Amorangi and dioceses are being invited to join in a 'roaring chorus' to commemorate 100 years since the end of the First World War.
Anzac Day services in London honour the sacrifices of warriors from downunder, while urging peacemaking and reconciliation. And there is a major contribution by this church to the observances.
In the days leading up to the Christmas Day service at Oihi, Archbishop Philip Richardson gains fresh insight into the grace that enabled our nation and our church to begin.
• "Grace-filled generosity" - Archbishop Philip's sermon
• Samuel Marsden speaks
• Kelvin Wright's blog
• Earlier story and the liturgy
Gisborne’s Holy Trinity Church is in fine shape for its centennial weekend on May 25-26.