A history of the first fifty years of Dunedin’s Anglican Family Care was launched last week making it the third major history published in the last year that chronicles city-based social service agencies founded with Anglican Church support.
• Auckland City Mission looks back with centenary history
• Guts and Grace chronicles 90 years of Christchurch City Mission
• Fifty years of Dunedin Anglican family services documented
Wellington’s Cathedral of St Paul has joined with the New Zealand Government’s Department of Internal Affairs(DIA) and the state Visits and Ceremonial Office(VCO) to host a national memorial service for HRH Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh.
Christian conservationists A Rocha Aotearoa New Zealand and Eco Church coordinators in Wellington and Auckland Dioceses are encouraging Anglicans to join a national Eco Church network.
• US pastor: why churches are effective eco-educators
• River redemption with tangata whenua in Palmerston North
• St Barnabas Anglican Church youth cull wilding pines
The Diocese of Wellington has made hundreds of submissions to the Climate Change Commission on how Aotearoa New Zealand can best move towards to a thriving, climate-resilient and low emissions future.
Rev Vicki Terrell is asking faith communities to support the disability community in prayer and presence next week as they plan a hikoi to Parliament.
• Disabled Kiwis tired of being ignored descend on Parliament
• Rev Vicki Terrell's opening karakia
A newly-established social housing development in the Christchurch suburb of Shirley has brought together the city’s Methodist and Anglican church social agencies to back a radical new model for supported family living.
Vicar of Pukekohe Rev Jan Wallace wants Anglicans caring for families at life’s end to promote the value of Advance Care Plans.
The Auckland City Mission has announced that its General Manager of Social Services, Helen Robinson has been appointed the new City Missioner to replace Chris Farrelly who will be stepping down in April 2021.