A Wellington-based interfaith group of Jews, Christians and Muslims has released a word of caution as the war in Israel and Gaza affects communities in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Anglican and Catholic Bishops of Aotearoa New Zealand have released a statement on conflict in the Holy Land that calls on the New Zealand Government to advocate an immediate ceasefire and delivery of humanitarian aid.
Christian World Service has launched an emergency appeal to assist people who have been affected by the current conflict in the Middle East, particularly Gaza.
• An Open Letter from Palestinian Christians to Western Church Leaders and Theologians
Anglican Missions, in partnership with international Anglican agencies and the global Anglican Alliance, has officially launched an emergency appeal to support the Al Ahli Anglican Hospital in Gaza.
• Patriarchs and Heads of Churches in Jerusalem's full statement
• Archbishop Justin Welby condemns Hamas attacks in letter to Jewish Council
• Al-Ahli doctor among 187K Palestinians with bomb-destroyed homes
• Archbishop of Canterbury statement on war in Israel-Gaza
Dean of St George’s College Jerusalem, Very Rev Richard Sewell is encouraging Anglicans in Aotearoa New Zealand and Polynesia to come and experience the Holy Land with the Diocese of Jerusalem’s study pilgrimages.
Christian World Service is asking Anglicans to remember refugees in their prayers this Sunday – and to fundraise to support them.
The National Dialogue for Christian Unity has published resources to help Aotearoa New Zealand churches observe the 2023 Week of Prayer for Christian Unity next week.
• Southern hemisphere celebrates Week of prayer for Christian Unity
• Tikanga Pākehā Ecumenical Group Chair reflects on 2023 racial justice theme