The National Dialogue for Christian Unity has published resources to help Aotearoa New Zealand churches observe the 2023 Week of Prayer for Christian Unity next week.
• Southern hemisphere celebrates Week of prayer for Christian Unity
• Tikanga Pākehā Ecumenical Group Chair reflects on 2023 racial justice theme
Dr Jane Goodall will deliver the opening keynote in a four-part webinar series on climate hope run by Aotearoa New Zealand’s Religious Diversity Centre this June.
Christian World Service(CWS) is seeking a national director after its Director Murray Overton announced he will step down from his role at the ecumenical aid and development agency.
Anglican Missions and Christian World Service have joined the ‘Emergency Alliance’ a newly founded group of Aotearoa New Zealand-based non-profit agencies dedicated to cooperation during times of emergency.
Archbishop of Canterbury Most Rev Justin Welby has joined the primates of this Church to condemn afresh the war in Ukraine following the deaths of New Zealand and British aid workers Andrew Bagshaw and Christopher Parry.
• Andrew Bagshaw, a quiet hero in Ukraine
• Church of England's top cleric praises Kiwi aid worker killed in Ukraine
Christian World Service has launched an appeal to fund rescue and relief efforts at the epicentre of the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that hit Syria and Turkey on Monday 6 February.
Christian World Service has launched the 2022 Christmas Appeal with a focus on empowering communities to survive the effects of climate damage.
Christian World Service has opened an appeal to support flood relief in Pakistan through its partner organisation based in Karachi.
• Why Pakistan is on the front line of the climate crisis
Christian World Service has opened an appeal to help people struggling to survive amidst the drought-driven food crisis hitting Africa’s Sahel region and the Horn of Africa.
· Children die from hunger as families flee drought
• Timid West must end Russia's food blockade at sea