Dr Jenny Te Paa, Principal of Te Rau Kahikatea at St John’s College in Auckland, will be one of six special guests at the 76th General Convention of the Episcopal Church in Anaheim, California from July 7-18.
Announcing the guest lineup, Dr Bonnie Anderson, President of the 847-member House of Deputies, said: “I am pleased that these wonderful laity and clergy will be present with us at the General Convention.
“Active in their own churches across the Anglican Communion, these guests bring a wealth of experience, wisdom and goodwill. I look forward to having them with us and know that they will be enthusiastically welcomed by our General Convention.”
To be recognized at a reception held in their honour on July 10, Dr Anderson’s guests will attend legislative sessions in the House of Deputies, attend open hearings and participate in many other General Convention events.
The other special guests are:
• The Very Rev Dr Victor Atta-Baffoe , Dean of St Nicholas Seminary, Cape Coast, Ghana
• The Rev Luiz Alberto Barbosa, President of the House of Clergy and Laity of the Episcopal Anglican Church of Brazil
• Canon Robert L. Falby, Prolocutor of the Anglican Church of Canada
• Dr Esther Mombo, Academic Dean of St Paul's United Theological College, Limuru, Kenya
• The Very Rev Rowan Smith, Dean of Cape Town at St. George's Anglican Cathedral