If Christians lose sight of the simplicity of the Gospel, the Archbishop of Canterbury said in Suva on Sunday, "we become simply an NGO with big buildings."
• The ABC's Suva sermon
• Oceania fono emphasises love & care for creation
• Archbishop Justin Welby deeply grateful for Fiji's hospitality
The Oceania Fono wrapped up its deliberations on climate change this afternoon in a way that transcended the science, and impacted the heart...
• Anglican leader eager to listen and to learn
• Minister talks climate dangers with Anglican leaders
The Archbishop of Canterbury was formally welcomed to Fiji today - and he took the opportunity to speak out on the urgency of climate action.
• Oceania Primates first to receive pre-Lambeth briefings.
• Traditional welcome for archbishop
• Welcome ceremony delights Church of England leader
This year's Oceania fono – the annual gathering of this region's Primates – begins in Suva on Friday, March 1. And Fiji is preparing to host a distinguished guest at that event.
• Oceania church leaders to discuss social issues
• Climate change will be high on Archbishop of Canterbury's agenda
For the young people of All Saints Fasi, in Nuku'alofa, Cyclone Gita was a test of lessons they'd learned in May last year.
A number of Tongan families are sheltering in Anglican church halls in Nuku'alofa. They moved in to escape Cyclone Gita - and they may remain for several days.
• Anglican Missions launches Gita Appeal.
• Christian World Service opens Gita Appeal for Tonga
New church. 14 new homes. New school dormitory. Two new deacons... small wonder, then, that tears of joy were shed in Maniava yesterday as it celebrated its resurrection.
Here's a photo essay, showing what life was like in Maniava, the hamlet high in the hills of Viti Levu, in the fortnight before Christmas. Maniava was almost erased by Cyclone Winston in February 2016. But things have changed...