The Diocese of Polynesia has confirmed a list of 10 candidates who have offered themselves for discernment as the next Bishop of Polynesia – and therefore as Archbishop and Primate of this church.
Archbishop Winston Halapua is en route to Cambridge – where he will begin a new season of ministry and reflection at Westcott College, a CofE theological seminary.
On Sunday, Archbishop Winston Halapua was farewelled from Suva's Holy Trinity Cathedral - thus beginning a series of leave takings from each of the Diocese's seven units or archdeaconries.
• Archbishop honoured at his last sermon
• ++Winston praises Bainimarama climate strategy
• Polynesia's Anglican primate farewelled
If Christians lose sight of the simplicity of the Gospel, the Archbishop of Canterbury said in Suva on Sunday, "we become simply an NGO with big buildings."
• The ABC's Suva sermon
• Oceania fono emphasises love & care for creation
• Archbishop Justin Welby deeply grateful for Fiji's hospitality
The Oceania Fono wrapped up its deliberations on climate change this afternoon in a way that transcended the science, and impacted the heart...
• Anglican leader eager to listen and to learn
• Minister talks climate dangers with Anglican leaders
The Archbishop of Canterbury was formally welcomed to Fiji today - and he took the opportunity to speak out on the urgency of climate action.
• Oceania Primates first to receive pre-Lambeth briefings.
• Traditional welcome for archbishop
• Welcome ceremony delights Church of England leader
This year's Oceania fono – the annual gathering of this region's Primates – begins in Suva on Friday, March 1. And Fiji is preparing to host a distinguished guest at that event.
• Oceania church leaders to discuss social issues
• Climate change will be high on Archbishop of Canterbury's agenda