Christchurch's Church Property Trustees have secured $6 million of new funding towards the restoration of Christ Church Cathedral.
This afternoon the Inter-Diocesan Conference welcomed Lorna Gray as the new National Youth Facilitator for Tikanga Pakeha.
Christchurch's Transitional Cathedral has hosted a public debate on the End of Life Choice Bill which put together MP David Seymour and Anglican InterChurch Bioethics Councillor, the Rev Dr Graham O'Brien.
• Palliative care specialists reject End of Life Choice Bill
A history teacher at St Paul's Collegiate School in the Diocese of Waikato and Taranaki has renewed his call for the Land Wars to be taught in all school curricula.
Last evening, in the cardboard cathedral, The Diocese of Christchurch farewelled Bishop Victoria Matthews. The setting symbolized the challenges of her 10-year service.
• Bishop Victoria bows out with attack on Cathedral preservation
• Departing Anglican bishop calls out Christchurch old boys' network
• Cathedral restoration: people are more important than buildings
• Watch the farewell service on Youtube: 1 hour 32 min
The Bishop of Wellington has welcomed the Government's announcement that limits new fossil fuel exploration in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Government has announced a $5 million boost for the Taranaki Cathedral development and bicultural history project.
The Diocese of Wellington is joining with scientists and environmentalists to call for an end to new oil and gas exploration in Aotearoa New Zealand.