Last evening, in the cardboard cathedral, The Diocese of Christchurch farewelled Bishop Victoria Matthews. The setting symbolized the challenges of her 10-year service.
• Bishop Victoria bows out with attack on Cathedral preservation
• Departing Anglican bishop calls out Christchurch old boys' network
• Cathedral restoration: people are more important than buildings
• Watch the farewell service on Youtube: 1 hour 32 min
The Bishop of Wellington has welcomed the Government's announcement that limits new fossil fuel exploration in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Government has announced a $5 million boost for the Taranaki Cathedral development and bicultural history project.
The Diocese of Wellington is joining with scientists and environmentalists to call for an end to new oil and gas exploration in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Diocese of Wellington has announced Rev David Rowe will be the next Dean of Wellington.
After almost 10 years of leadership through the most tumultuous period in Christchurch history, Bishop Victoria Matthews has announced her resignation. She will step down as Bishop of Christchurch on May 1.
• RNZ: Christchurch's Anglican bishop steps down
• Bishop Victoria to leave Christchurch after 10 years in role
Strandz has produced two exciting new ministry resources to help Kiwi families chart their course through the Easter season.
Some Wellington commuters observed Ash Wednesday today without setting foot in a church.
Bishop Helen-Ann Hartley has accepted a call to become the Bishop of Ripon, in the Diocese of Leeds in England. She will finish her service in the Diocese of Waikato and Taranaki on Christmas Day.
• Bishop Helen-Ann Hartley moves from Waikato to Leeds
• New Bishop of Ripon announced