New Zealand Armed Forces personnel swearing in on the Bible will now get the chance to keep a bespoke edition gifted by Bible Society New Zealand.
Janet Crawford delves into Geoff Haworth's history of A New Zealand Prayer Book - He Karakia Mihinare o Aotearoa.
Two Auckland clergy who visited Christchurch with a Muslim NGO last week are joining the Council for Ecumenism's call to host our Muslim neighbours this Ramadan.
• An extra special Ramadan for Christchurch Muslims
The Anglican Consultative Council has approved Safe Church guidelines to help Anglican churches worldwide put policies and procedures in place that protect children and vulnerable adults from harm.
The Archbishops of the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia have announced that Archdeacon Waitohiariki Quayle will become Bishop of Upoko o Te Ika, making her the first Māori woman in history to be elected bishop.
• RNZ: Waitohiariki Quayle is the world's first Māori woman bishop
• TVNZ: World's first Māori woman bishop elected
• Māori development minister Nanaia Mahuta congratulates Bishop-elect Wai
• Grassroots service earns bishop's mitre
Delegates from Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia will join in prayer, study and planning alongside global Anglican peers at the Anglican Consultative Council this week, as together they recalibrate worldwide Anglican mission with a focus on intentional discipleship.
• 'Jesus-shaped living' is moving through the Communion
• +Justin Welby to ACC: Anglicans cannot afford disunity
• Josiah Idowu-Fearon: GAFCON are not behaving as Anglicans
• Anglican Communion Office: 'Sorry for the luxury'
• Process and language issues prompt calls for change
The Anglican Archbishops of Aotearoa New Zealand have joined with New Zealand Catholic Cardinal John Dew in a renewed call for peace and solidarity following the Sri Lanka Easter Day attacks.
In this year's Easter message the Archbishops of Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia remind Anglicans to demonstrate the love of Christ to all, and to remain vigilant in their work to end racism and intolerance.