The Bible Society is celebrating the 150th anniversary of the first full edition of the Bible in te Reo Māori by digitising its text, and keeping up with modern Māori through new resources and translations.
Archbishop David Moxon has called on the Anglican Communion to offer children hope in a world prone to despair.
Archdeacon Tiki Raumati was laid to rest in New Plymouth yesterday. But in death, he continues to challenge us.
• Archdeacon Tikitūterangi Raumati makes powerful gesture in death
• Tiki's journey: Bishop George Connor's eulogy.
• Video: Tiki Raumati buried in Taranaki Cathedral grounds
• "We have such happy memories..."
Anglican communications are heading online across Aotearoa New Zealand and Polynesia to bring our voice as a Church into the spaces where most of our people are finding and making the news.
The following is a notice from Archbishops Don and Philip about the death, this morning, of one of the giants of Te Haahi Mihinare, the Anglican Church in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Diocese of Christchurch's social justice arm, Anglican Advocacy has released a report calling for regulation of Aotearoa New Zealand property managers, due to evidence of substandard and illegal practices in the industry.
• Rental property managers getting away with illegal practices
• Real Estate Institute of New Zealand backs Anglican report
The Archbishops have today announced who is to become the next Bishop of Christchurch. Peter Carrell has long been a leader in that diocese, and his contributions as a communicator, teacher, preacher and theologian have rippled out into the provincial church.
• Peter Carrell's CV
• New bishop completely behind cathedral restoration
Christian social service agencies who work with some of the country's poorest and most vulnerable families have come out in support of the Government's proposed changes to rental laws.
• Churned out: the importance of security of tenure