Archbishop Philip takes part in an Auckland meeting which suggests that the church is edging closer to the forefront of social change.
Last evening, in the cardboard cathedral, The Diocese of Christchurch farewelled Bishop Victoria Matthews. The setting symbolized the challenges of her 10-year service.
• Bishop Victoria bows out with attack on Cathedral preservation
• Departing Anglican bishop calls out Christchurch old boys' network
• Cathedral restoration: people are more important than buildings
• Watch the farewell service on Youtube: 1 hour 32 min
The Bishop of Wellington has welcomed the Government's announcement that limits new fossil fuel exploration in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Government has announced a $5 million boost for the Taranaki Cathedral development and bicultural history project.
The church's top governing committee has urged the Government to expand the scope of the Royal Commission into abuse to include church-related bodies.
• Link to a PDF copy of the letter
• Churches push for inclusion in royal inquiry
• Sharing abuse stories without redress would seem hollow
A date has been set for the installation of Bishop Don Tamihere as the next Pihopa o Aotearoa, or head of the Maori Anglican church.
The Diocese of Wellington is joining with scientists and environmentalists to call for an end to new oil and gas exploration in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Diocese of Wellington has announced Rev David Rowe will be the next Dean of Wellington.
After almost 10 years of leadership through the most tumultuous period in Christchurch history, Bishop Victoria Matthews has announced her resignation. She will step down as Bishop of Christchurch on May 1.
• RNZ: Christchurch's Anglican bishop steps down
• Bishop Victoria to leave Christchurch after 10 years in role