Peter Carrell delves into Christ's glorious ascension: a joyous experience for his disciples who must now carry on Jesus' work in the world.
The Diocese of Christchurch has announced it will make a decision on Christchurch's cathedral in the square at its synod in September this year.
• Archbishop Philip: Synod is the right body to decide
• Church to decide cathedral's fate in September
• Delay on cathedral decision disappoints rebuild minister
• Gerry Brownlee talks about Christchurch cathedral's future
Church leaders met with Prime Minister Bill English and senior government ministers last week, to hand over a slate of proposals aimed at lifting Kiwi well-being.
• Safe and Affordable Housing for All
• Better returns on Social Investment
• Churches offer help for pilot refugee sponsor scheme
• Jenesa Jeram: Data can tell us when social investment is worthwhile
• Manus detainees ask New Zealand for asylum
The Eastertide issue of Anglican Taonga magazine heads off the beaten track to sites of holiness where our two newest bishops grounded their calls to leadership.
Christian World Service is inviting churches to join a Global Day of Prayer to End Famine for this Sunday, 21 May.
Sixteen young Anglican leaders from around the Province are gathering in Tonga tomorrow to equip them to help their communities adapt to climate change.
A New Zealand anti-euthanasia coalition says most New Zealanders who submitted to the Health Select Committee on end-of-life issues do not support legalising euthanasia.
In this week's gospel Jesus prepares his disciples to see him no more, but offers the promise of his Spirit – to remain with them forever.