Auckland Cathedral has reached out to the city's Shia Muslim communities to offer hospitality during Ramadan.
He will come from London to be the next Bishop of Dunedin - but Steven Benford is no stranger to the city.
Bishop Victoria Matthews has challenged Canterbury to put people before buildings, as they consider how best to use public money on the region's earthquake recovery.
• Christchurch church leaders rally for Bishop Victoria
The Diocese of Christchurch has announced it will make a decision on Christchurch's cathedral in the square at its synod in September this year.
• Archbishop Philip: Synod is the right body to decide
• Church to decide cathedral's fate in September
• Delay on cathedral decision disappoints rebuild minister
• Gerry Brownlee talks about Christchurch cathedral's future
Strengthening and 'future-proofing' the iconic Taranaki Cathedral will cost $15 million - and the campaign to secure that money has now got serious.
Bishop Ross Bay has announced that the Rev Anne Mills is to become the next Dean of Auckland.
Catholic Cardinal John Dew and Archbishop Philip Richardson have today suggested Kiwis now risk losing their once-achievable dream of owning their own homes.
• The church leaders’ full statement
• Forever home - the Herald story
• Research makes the case for affordable housing
• New research from The Housing Foundation
A Hutt Valley church is staging a sit-in on vacant Housing New Zealand land this weekend. St David’s Naenae aims to draw attention to a crisis they say is afflicting their suburb.
• Labour pledges to tackle Hutt housing crisis
• Archbishop and senior Maori bishop back protest
• 'People are hurting" say church group
• Church stages sleepout to protest state housing demolition
• Hundreds turn out to protest homeless crisis