The Diocese of Christchurch has announced it will make a decision on Christchurch's cathedral in the square at its synod in September this year.
• Archbishop Philip: Synod is the right body to decide
• Church to decide cathedral's fate in September
• Delay on cathedral decision disappoints rebuild minister
• Gerry Brownlee talks about Christchurch cathedral's future
Strengthening and 'future-proofing' the iconic Taranaki Cathedral will cost $15 million - and the campaign to secure that money has now got serious.
Bishop Ross Bay has announced that the Rev Anne Mills is to become the next Dean of Auckland.
Catholic Cardinal John Dew and Archbishop Philip Richardson have today suggested Kiwis now risk losing their once-achievable dream of owning their own homes.
• The church leaders’ full statement
• Forever home - the Herald story
• Research makes the case for affordable housing
• New research from The Housing Foundation
A Hutt Valley church is staging a sit-in on vacant Housing New Zealand land this weekend. St David’s Naenae aims to draw attention to a crisis they say is afflicting their suburb.
• Labour pledges to tackle Hutt housing crisis
• Archbishop and senior Maori bishop back protest
• 'People are hurting" say church group
• Church stages sleepout to protest state housing demolition
• Hundreds turn out to protest homeless crisis
The 2011 earthquake wrecked hundreds of Christchurch buildings. Many have since been demolished. None have attracted the spotlight the way ChristChurch cathedral has.
• Cathedral restoration shortfall sits at 56 million
The Rev Canon Dr Eleanor Sanderson will become assistant bishop for the Diocese of Wellington. Ellie says her job will be “enlivening the vision to which we’ve already committed.”
Christchurch’s Transitional Cathedral and Theology House have joined forces to plan a public forum on medically-assisted dying.
Anglican leaders touched base with their counterparts in Melbourne today, after police revealed a terrorist plot that had targeted several sites in Melbourne, including St Paul's Anglican Cathedral.
• Security services foil Christmas Day cathedral terror plot